- Senior Cultivation Consultant at ProGrowTech
- Helps indoor grow facilities achieve quality and sustainability goals
- Specializes in system integration and validation in controlled environments
- Introduced and refined advanced production techniques at an award-winning, large-scale indoor cannabis cultivation site
- Founder and former COO at Raincloud Farms, a greenhouse using sustainable high technology
- Founder and former lead farmer at Gaining Ground Farm, nationally recognized for innovative system design
- Awarded Conservation Cooperator of the Year in Oregon (2008)
- Master’s degree in sustainable agriculture, University of California-Davis
As the Senior Cultivation Consultant at ProGrowTech, Mike Paine offers expert recommendations to a wide range of LED growers, specializing in system integration and validation in controlled environments. He possesses a deep understanding of the innovative technologies poised to revolutionize cannabis and food production.
Dedicated to sustainability and environmentally sound growing techniques, Mike realizes that going green doesn’t mean taking a hit to quality either – he’s helped highly successful grow operations produce top-tier product while also embracing future-focused technologies that reduce carbon footprints and reliance on fossil fuels. Mike has worked with award-winning grow facilities to simultaneously improve quality and efficiency.
Before becoming a well-respected independent consultant, Mike served as an Operations Manager at High Mountain Health, an award-winning, large-scale indoor cannabis cultivation site and dispensary in Flagstaff, Arizona. During his tenure, Mike introduced and refined advanced production techniques within the grow operation. These included integrating cutting-edge, spectrally tuned LED lighting, automated fertigation and tailored horticultural practices targeted at product quality and facility sustainability. High Mountain Health is regularly recognized as one of the top producers of premium cannabis flower in Arizona.
In addition, Mike was the founder and COO of the Pacific Northwest-based startup Raincloud Farms, which specialized in sustainable, high-tech greenhouse production, deploying Dutch technologies for a sophisticated controlled indoor facility. Before that, Mike was the owner and lead farmer of Gaining Ground Farm, a diversified and certified organic farm in Yamhill, Oregon. Gaining Ground was nationally recognized for innovative system design. There, Mike implemented a solar-powered irrigation system for row crops, earning him recognition as the Conservation Cooperator of the Year in Oregon in 2008
A long-time proponent for environmentally conscious practices, Mike has worked at farms across the globe, including southern Africa, Costa Rica, California’s Central Valley and northern Arizona. He holds a master’s degree in sustainable agriculture from the University of California-Davis and currently resides in Flagstaff, Arizona.